Pages

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

2 month check up

Jackson had his 2 month doctor's visit today. He's weighing in at 12 lbs, 14 oz and is 23 1/2 inches long. That puts him in about the 75th percentile for both length and weight, and he's in the 12th for head circumference. He got shots today too...I was nervous about taking him by myself, since I don't have a very good history with needles, but I did it. I decided that if I start taking the kids when they are too young to know that I hate it, by the time they are old enough to catch on, hopefully I'll be better about it. We both did a pretty good job though, I must say. Jackson only cried as they were poking him and calmed down quickly after. And I didn't cry at all :) We've been giving him baby tylenol every 4 hours and so far he seems to be ok...a little fussy, but he usually is at night anyway.
We had his pictures taken at Target last night too. He wasn't in the best mood, but I think we got a few cute ones. I haven't picked any out yet, but I'll post some if I can when they're online.

5 comments:

Becky said...

I was wondering how your (Jackson's) appt went. Wow, he is longer than I thought--he may be longer than Caleb (or, very possibly, my home measuring is not accurate). I hope he does okay for your trip. Caleb goes to the dr. Monday, and I have to go alone, too, which I likewise am a bit nervous about. I'm not scared of needles for me, but I don't like seeing my baby unhappy!

Jordan said...

I'm excited to see his baby pictures!

And good job for not crying! You're growing up!

--jeff * said...

congratulations on not crying! : )

Karen said...

good girl

Chris said...

Wow, Natalie...no tears at the sight of the needle? Sniff, sniff, MY baby is growing up! ;)
I'm proud of you!