He has discovered his hands and how to use them, sort of. He likes to suck and chew on them, and gets quite covered in drool doing it. When he was born he sucked on his hand, but stopped doing it after a week or two. Actually he sucked on it before he was born; he had a blister on the back of his hand from sucking on it before he was born. Looks like he's picked up the habit again---hopefully he won't get another blister!While he can't grab onto things yet, he still uses his hands to get his pacifier back in his mouth sometimes. He just kind of pushes it up with his arm/hand.

He's holding his head and upper body up pretty well during tummy time these days, and consequently is grunting and fussing during it less. He hasn't rolled over again since that one time 5 weeks ago, but he probably would if I put him down on the floor more often. He moves his arms and legs like he's trying to crawl, but of course his body isn't off the ground and he isn't going anywhere.
Jackson also is deciding that he likes to sit up now, rather than lay back. If he's laying back he'll do crunches to try to sit up. I tried putting him in the little BebePod seat thing two weeks ago and it didn't really work very well, but when I put him in it yesterday he did great and loved being able to sit up. He's really holding his head up well these days.
I love watching him grow and learn new things!
3 comments:
Wow, he has really gotten stronger. He sure couldn't have sat in that seat when you were here a few weeks ago. I love those chubby cheeks.
Aww, he is precious!! I love the pictures, keep them coming!
I'm so glad you blog so I can see & hear about your life. I said something to someone the other day about all Jackson's accomplishments. Then it hit me, I haven't even met him & yet I feel like I have. Thanks
Post a Comment