We had a good visit with the West family in Georgia last week...We got there on the 9th; Jack went back on the 14th, and Jackson & I left on the 17th. We had a great visit and we did a lot of stuff in a short time, some of which I've never done before even though I grew up here.

I was nervous about flying with Jackson---I hoped he wouldn't be too fussy and that the air pressure changes wouldn't bother him. He did really well though. He slept the entire time on both flights to GA, and was pretty good on the way back too...just a little fussy but not too bad.


We went to
Andersonville, Georgia, to see the POW camp where Union soldiers were held during the Civil War. We watched a movie about it before we went so we knew more about it, which made the trip a whole lot more meaningful.

There is a mansion in my hometown that has always been a mystery to me. We'd pass the big gated entrance on the way to church every Sunday, but all you could see through the thick trees was a glimpse of the red roof. They've recently opened it up to the public so it was very interesting to get to tour through there and see inside the house and the pretty gardens surrounding it.

We went to FDR's Little White House in Warm Springs, GA. FDR came here for 20 years to vacation and to use the natural warm springs as treatment for his polio. He died here on March 12, 1945 while having is portrait painted. Wow, I feel like I'm writing a report for school.

We went to Callaway Gardens---I always like to go there when ever I go home. They were getting ready for their Fall Festival thing, so we took advantage of the pumpkin patch to take Jackson's picture. I'll have to post more pictures of this later.


It was great to be able to spend time with my family and to be home for a little while! Of course everyone enjoyed seeing Jackson!
No comments:
Post a Comment