I decided this morning that if I really am 23 (as of 5 days ago), I guess that is old enough to have a baby. And it's a mighty good thing I've come to that conclusion.I went to the doctor today. I'm 38 weeks, 5 days pregnant. When Dr. Judd first came in he asked if I had any questions and of course I asked if he could tell when I was going to have this baby. His response: Well, you probably won't make it to have a July baby, but it won't be September, either. Thank you, Dr. Judd. I asked if he could tell how big Little Boy will be when he's born and he said probably on the smaller end of normal-- low 7 lbs. Then he checked me out and casually said.... "Well, looks like you might not be making it to your due date after all." WHAT!?! He said that Little Boy is really low and I'm 80% effaced, but not dilated at all. According to Dr Judd, usually first timers dilate and efface at the same time, but that I'm not that coordinated and am doing one then the other. He also said that since baby is so low, I've got very limited bladder space, probably walk slowly, can't cross my legs, and have a hard time getting out of the car and bed. None of that was really news to me---I'm living it, after all...but it kind of makes me feel good to know that he knows what's going on in all of this.
I still just can't believe that he thinks I'm going to have this baby so SOON! All along I've been assuming I'd be late, probably going a week or so over and maybe having to be induced at that point. He said he'd see me next week and to let them know if I have the baby before then (Thanks, Dr. J---I'd kind of like you to be there!) and he said that I'll probably be to the point next week where they can start me if I want them to. We'll see. I can almost hear my mom screaming all the way from Georgia NOT to do that! And I probably won't. (She gets here on the 11th) I'm really not to the point of just wanting to be done with it all. I have my moments, but I'm still content being pregnant for now.
Ever since my appointment a few hours ago I've been going back and forth between being so giddy and excited that I just giggle---and being so shocked and overwhelmed and in disbelief that I freeze. Of course, anything is possible. I could go late after all. But I just really can't believe it could be so soon!
11 comments:
That's so exciting Natalie!!! Good luck! I hope you have the best delivery ever!
Whoa, Baby! (ha ha) Mommy and Daddy Shirts, make way for baby :)
Ready or not, here he comes!
you are the cutest pregnant girl!!good luck!
Charles thinks that's a fake picture, because the only part of you that looks pregnant is your tummy. Maybe that'll mean you'll fit back into your pre-prego jeans sooner than you expected, too! Thanks for keeping us posted!
wow, i was just comparing your picture from July 25th with today's picture. You seriously look way bigger than last week! Drop baby drop!!!
I'm so excited for you!! Do Shawn and I get to baby sit???
Although, I know you need a babysitter on the morning of August 28th... But I somehow have a feeling I will not be able to babysit for you that day... Shawn either... :-)
Yikes...wait for meeeeee! :) Please talk to baby boy and tell him to wait for Grandma to get there--ok? Ha, that's me. Can you tell, I'm not not used to this either?
Aww!! I love that belly!! Soooo cute!! I Can't wait until Baby Boy comes!! :-) Yay!
80% effaced!!!That is awesome, I don't think I was ever that far along even when I went to the hospital, that is so exciting that you are well on your way! Oh and congrats on your last day of work!! YEA FOR YOU!!!I was surprised that you didn't mention anything about that...
well, hey! sorry for the delay in response i'm a bad blogger! that's super exciting about the baby! i head to new york the same day your mom gets to you. :) i'll cross my fingers you make it that long!
Natalie! I am so excited for you! Next thing we'll know is you will be calling everyone to say you're in the hospital! I don't really know how to predict anything, but good luck with whatever happens in the next two weeks.
Congrats on your bundle of joy. I love the name. What do doctors know about due dates!
Post a Comment