Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

The long-awaited car seat & stroller

It took a while to decide which car seat & stroller to go with, and then once we decided, it was out of stock... so after waiting 1 1/2 months for it to come in, Babies R Us finally got it! We went on Saturday night and picked it up and then came home to play :) I read a ton of reviews online and, to me, one of the biggest downfalls to this stroller was that people said it came almost fully assembled. Sure, that may seem like a desirable thing, but I like to play with stuff and put things together. But I guess that isn't really a fair thing to base the decision on so we got it anyway.

I was pleasantly surprised that there was a little bit of assembly to do--- more than just snapping the wheels on, at least. Still not a ton, but some. (If anyone out there is buying a stroller or something else that needs assembling, I'm your guy...err...girl).

And here we are with the final product:

So now it is sitting there in our apartment, just waiting for Little Boy to come along and use it. I guess it is ok that we didn't buy it sooner because it is just sitting around for now. But it sure is fun to have! I get excited every time I see it.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute. :) You guys are going to be great parents! I can just see Little Boy Shirts being toted around by his super proud parents. You guys seem like you're ready. But...believe me, your lives will never be the same again! Mmmwwahhaaa! No really, parenting is tons of work, but it's even more rewarding. BTW When are you guys going to come over to Ada's for second Sunday dinner? We haven't seen you since Natalie wasn't even showing yet!

Michelle said...

You 2 are going to be wonderful parents! It looks like a nice set, and being a car seat tech,Chicco is a good brand, very user friendly. And next time I have soemthing to put together I am going to call you for sure!

H.Cook said...

Good choice! We LOVE our chicco stroller and car seat (only downfall for me is that the car seat is pretty heavy). But I love how it snaps into the base to easily and it is so easy to adjust the straps. Hooray for being one step closer to parenthood!

Heidi Rushton said...

Isn't it funny how the little things mean so much? I remember setting up Kirstee's nursery and being excited. I can't believe you are so close to your due date!! I am so excited for you guys (and jealous you are having a boy...but I do love my girls.) We hope to find time to have you out for dinner before the baby comes. I will let you know. :)

Mollie said...

I love the green! Your favorite color, right? : )

Chris said...

Cute stroller set! I think that's the exact one I would have picked out...oh ya, I was there when you decided. ha
Dad said you are looking "very paternal, & maternal!" :)

The Walker Family said...

Nice set! You two, I mean, three will be stylin' & profilin' walking the streets and stores! I do enjoy reading your blog. You two are going to be awesome parents! TRUDY (Mary Kate's sis)

TheVillamorFamily said...

So cute!! I get excited everytime I see the stroller too:) only because you are behind it! Still can't believe you are going to have a BABY! can't wait to hear what his name will be!!

Becky said...

I am very excited for you and your stroller. We are strongly considering that one as well, after pushing around a few in the store and researching. And I will call you if I need help assembling any stroller, or anything else :)

Adam Denison said...

Dude, that's the same set we picked out. We love it! Very handy.

--jeff * said...

those are some pretty stylin' wheels you got there.
can my forthcoming turley ride in there, too?