Pages

Friday, September 19, 2008

Ahoy, Matey

Yep, it's that time of year again. Today is Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Shortly after returning home from my mission I got a job at Deseret Book in the ZCMI mall. This was an awesomely fun job that paid next to nothing. To liven things up one slow afternoon, the office manager J.K. Cowling (Jen), the shipper/orderer Pete, and I created a calendar. Everyday was some kind of holiday. This really made the already fun job even funner. Yes, that's a word. Since the real Talk Like a Pirate Day was already past, we decided to make our own Talk Like a Pirate Day a monthly event. Awesomeness ensued.

In celebration, tonight we'll be watching Hook, Pirates of the Caribbean, Master & Commander, Pirates of Penzance, or some other swashbuckling, piratey movie (depending on what we can find at Orem library). What are you doing to celebrate?

May yer Talk Like a Pirate Day be filled with booty and poop-deck swabbing, me hearties.

4 comments:

--jeff * said...

tim and i are having people over to watch "pirates of the caribbean" tonight.

let us know what you do to celebrate.

Kristi said...

I took the boys to a pirate storytime at the library. I can't really call it a celebration, but at least I acknowledged the holiday.

TheVillamorFamily said...

In a few years when Jackson starts following some of the cute kid shows you will have to dig up the old Backyardigan episodes. They have a great one about pirates!! And their music is so catchy I love to listen to it myself!

Shauna Dennis said...

It was talk like a pirate day last week and I didn't even know about it?!?! Bummer. Now I'll have to wait until next year. :)