Pages

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Mom, I'm speaking in Church

When I was 12 or 13 I was asked to speak in Sacrament Meeting on Mother's Day. I prepared and delivered what I considered to be a great talk, except for one thing: my Mom wasn't there and she didn't know I was speaking that day. She and my Dad were out of town that weekend. When she got home and found out from my siblings and neighbors that I had given a talk she told me she would have stayed in town to listen to it had she only known. When she asked me why I hadn't told her, I replied simply, "You didn't ask."

Well, Mom, I've grown up a little. Hopefully I'm not the same nerdbomber I was as a squirrelly, young teenager. I no longer expect you to read my mind and I'd like you to know that I will be speaking in Sacrament Meeting on Mother's Day this week. You're invited to attend, but I'll understand if you have plans to be out of town.

4 comments:

--jeff * said...

"nerdbomber", that's a new one. i'll have to tell the scort....

i like your talks. i'll vouch to your mom for you.

Karen said...

I think your mother should make every attempt to be there lol.

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan said...

Ha ha ha this is so foreign to me because my mom DEFINITELY knew when I was speaking because she wrote my talks!!! HA HA, THANKS MOM!