Pages

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Mother's Day, push-ups, and wind

I've missed posting a few pictures lately that I meant to, so here they all are at once:

Me and my child on my first official Mother's Day as a mother. Somehow the day meant more to me this year than it has before :)
Grandpa Shirts gave Jackson some crawling lessons. I think they're working because he's getting pretty close to really crawling by himself. I'll have to post a video of it one of these days. He's scooting pretty well and sometimes actually gets the real hand and knee movement.

Sometimes he just does push-ups though. The army recruiters are going to be after this kid when they find out about his strength!

He's trying to be more independent these days. When I feed him he puts his spoon into the jar of food as I hold it. He doesn't really put it in his mouth yet though...mostly just flings it around the kitchen. Needless to say, meal time is quite messy.

Check out this wind! A storm was blowing in the other day and we went outside to enjoy it. Jackson was loving the wind at first--then it got to be a little to much for him. But sweet hair-do though, huh?

He's eating more and more finger food and big people food...here he has some mixed veggies

And a new favorite game: shred the kleenex. He loves to tear kleenex or napkins to pieces. He knows he's not supposed to put it in his mouth though...he'll start to and then look up at me with a sneaky/guilty look on his face and then stop and laugh. Silly kid!

11 comments:

Mollie said...

Wow I can't believe how big and adorable he is!

Jordan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jordan said...

Oh my goodness, that was so fun to see all of those pictures! I love the one of grandpa Shirts teaching him how to crawl! So cute!

His hair is rockin' when he's out in the wind!

I want to see him play one of these jokes with you where he's teasing you, that is so cute!

And he's definitely got me beat on the push ups, I'll have to see that one too! In fact, I might come see you tonight. Are you busy?

Chris said...

I noticed that wind really did a number on Jack's hair too! ;D
Those are all such cute pictures. I'm so glad you posted them.
Jackson looks so tiny 'crawling' next to Grandpa Shirts.

Karen said...

I love the first picture of you & Jackson, the hair is hilarious, & the push ups great.

Eevi said...

Cute pictures of you(natalie) and Jack:)

Lindsey said...

Love the windblown look. He should totally sport that one more often!

--jeff * said...

while no blog picture anywhere on the internet will ever eclipse the picture of baby jackson in the produce scale at macey's, i seriously dig the hair blowin' in the wind picture.
i also like the push-up picture.

while it's much more "traditional", the first shot of you and him on mother's day is wonderful.

Jordan said...

we need a post with videos of him crawling please!!

Unknown said...

So cute! I love when they atart playin' little games with you!

Mike and Emma said...

Oh my gosh- that picture of Jackson's hair flying up in the wind is awesome. It's cool that you could catch the moment in a picture!

Hope you are doing well!