...check back tomorrow for his stats after his 9 month check up.
Jackson really is getting more and more fun as he gets older. He's so much more interactive and his personality is showing through.
When I'm holding him and someone talks to him he'll turn and bury his face in me to hide and then will peek out with a big grin.
The other day I was getting him ready for bed...he was laying on his changing table and I took his socks off of him. He grabbed one of them out of my hand and was playing with it. I held the other one up for him to take, but I must have let go before he really had it. I went on changing his diaper then looked at his face and the sock was over his face and he just had a huge grin. As soon as I looked at him he just started laughing---it was like he was just holding the pose waiting for me to see. It was so cute & funny.
He likes to open the bathroom and desk drawers and pull himself up on them.
He likes to empty baskets and containers lately...clothes from the laundry basket, toys from his toy baskets, anything. He hasn't gotten the putting them back in thing yet though.
He can sit himself up from laying down. This is pretty exciting for me because it means I don't have to set him up so much.
He's sooo close to crawling. He'll go from sitting up to forward on his hands and knees and will kind of rock a bit. He'll reach for things but just ends up on his tummy.
I'm not sure how he's moving, but he'll be sitting up in one spot and then I look back a minute later and he's sitting up in another spot three feet away.
He still loves to be outside. We go for a walk around the neighborhood, play outside on a blanket, or swing at the little park across the street several times a week. The weather is just perfect for it now!
He's got six teeth now, 4 on top and 2 on bottom.
Most days, he loves to eat. He usually goes through 6 or 7 jars' worth of stage 2 baby food per day, sometimes eating three at a time.
He still loves finger foods. Sometimes I have to distract him with cheerios to be able to get him to sit down in his highchair.
Night time sleeping is so much better, as I mentioned a few days ago. He's pretty much sleeping through the night for 11 to 12 hours. He wakes up some nights but usually goes back to sleep on his own within a few minutes. It is amazing! I realized the other day that I actually enjoy putting him down to sleep now. It was something I dreaded, but I really love spending that time with him now that it doesn't end with screaming and crying.
Naps aren't so great, but we're working on it.
He had his first haircut 3 weeks ago...I meant to do a post about it before, but never did. His hair was so long! It was almost down to his nose in the front. It was kind of tricky to cut it because he kept wanting to see and grab the scissors, so it was just a real quick trim, but I think it makes him look more grown up.
He loves his Aunt Jordan. He's done better with babysitters lately (at least I think---I guess I'm not there when he's alone with them).
One thing I'm less thrilled about---he started grinding his teeth together. It gives me the heebie-geebies. How do I get him to stop?
Such a cute, fun, loving, sweet, happy baby boy! He sure is growing up though! Sometimes I look at him and he looks more like a little toddler boy than a baby. I sure do love him!
4 comments:
He is such a cutie. It's fun but sad to see them grown and change so fast, huh?
I'm THRILLED for you that he's sleeping through the night now. It's amazing what a difference that makes for everyone!
And about the teeth grinding thing...Carter did that too when he first got upper teeth to grind on the lower ones, but after a few weeks of it, he just stopped. I think it was just something new he discovered he could do, but after awhile,the novelty of it wore off. I'll hope the same happens for you!
Sister!!! He is so cute!!! I miss your family!
I'm so glad that you finally gave him the much needed haircut!!
I love the updates!
He is growing so fast. Cute outfit too (the one with Jordan). Love the bare feet in the swing pic too.
Post a Comment