My favorite part about Target is the dollar bins at the front of the store. Sure, most of the stuff is junk that you don't need, and it's all pretty cheapo quality, but I've found some cool things there before. But none of it can top what I found today: telescoping marshmallow roasting sticks! Can you think of anything more awesome than that?! I've always been jealous of those who have real bonafide marshmallow roasting sticks. It's hard to find sticks in the great outdoors that are long and thin enough, and metal coat hangers are a pain to untwist and they're floppy so your mallow flies all over the place...which can be both messy and dangerous. Now I can roast my marshmallows with the best of them, and then collapse my stick and store it away for my next s'more roasting experience. And I'm so stinkin' excited about it. I got four of them, and I'm considering going back to get a couple more... Just imagine 10 or 15 years from now on family campouts: Everyone is going to want one of them. Wouldn't you? And who knows if I'll ever be able to find them again! I'd really hate to have to limit our family size because we don't have enough roasting sticks to go around.
Pages
Wednesday, May 6, 2009
S'mores in style
My favorite part about Target is the dollar bins at the front of the store. Sure, most of the stuff is junk that you don't need, and it's all pretty cheapo quality, but I've found some cool things there before. But none of it can top what I found today: telescoping marshmallow roasting sticks! Can you think of anything more awesome than that?! I've always been jealous of those who have real bonafide marshmallow roasting sticks. It's hard to find sticks in the great outdoors that are long and thin enough, and metal coat hangers are a pain to untwist and they're floppy so your mallow flies all over the place...which can be both messy and dangerous. Now I can roast my marshmallows with the best of them, and then collapse my stick and store it away for my next s'more roasting experience. And I'm so stinkin' excited about it. I got four of them, and I'm considering going back to get a couple more... Just imagine 10 or 15 years from now on family campouts: Everyone is going to want one of them. Wouldn't you? And who knows if I'll ever be able to find them again! I'd really hate to have to limit our family size because we don't have enough roasting sticks to go around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
please call me when you go roasting, because i want one. : )
those sound very cool
You make me laugh!! :)
They do seriously sound like a great idea. Too bad we don't live near a Target. ha
ha ha ha that is awesome! No wonder you asked if we wanted to come have smores with you...
Post a Comment