Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2008

24 weeks

Noooooooooo!!!! I just typed a really long post, then when I tried to publish it, it said blogger was down and it lost it all. Grrr!!! I don't even remember what all it said so this is sure to be shorter and less entertaining. Blame blogger, not me.
Anyway, here I am in all my 24 weeks of glory... I have taken belly pictures every week, but I haven't been posting them. If I did, then you wouldn't be able to notice the difference. Ok, that's not really why I haven't posted them---I just haven't gotten to it---but we can all pretend. This one was by request of my mom. So there you have it. I have, in the past week, realized that there is no turning back to non-maternity clothes. I outgrew the pants long ago, but I had still been hanging on and wearing old shirts. It's just not really working any more. They can snugly fit around me, but they aren't long enough. So I stuffed them all in a Wal-Mart bag and took them to my sister. I won't be needing them this summer. Ok, I guess at the end of August, I get them back.

On the job front, tomorrow is my last day at my current job. This past 2 1/2 weeks have really been kind of nice...I've just sort of gone in whenever I feel like it and only been there a few hours, max--though I have gone in every day. I haven't really done any serious looking, but I do have a few offers in the works.
Offer Number One: The guy has called me almost every day (he's been calling my work number and I haven't been there much so he's left messages and we've played phone tag...finally I gave him my cell phone number and we talked again today) and he wants to know what they can do to get me to come work for them---When I talked to him last Friday, he told me all the benefits and perks of the job, blah blah blah...and said that it is a full-time, permanent position. I talked to him again today and he offered me more $$ than the people who have been there make and said he really wants me to come work for them...and then I told him about my umm..situation. I told him I was pregnant and due in August. He said he'd have to check with some other people and would get back to me to let me know if they were ok with that. I'm sure he wanted to make sure they were ok with only hiring someone for 3 1/2 months, not just that I was pregnant...because that would be illegal.
Offer Number Two: Kind of doing the same thing that I do now, but as a contractor not an employee, and for a different company--but mostly with the same people. This would be a temporary thing for a few weeks/months until they figure out what they are going to do long-term, which is perfect for what I want to do, plus I wouldn't have to try and learn anything new! I don't think they know I'm pregnant, but that shouldn't matter since it is temporary any way. Only problem is that the office is an hour away (plus traffic) so I'll only do it if I can work from home or my old office that is 5 minutes away. We'll see what they think about that.
I almost went to a temp agency today to see what else is out there...and then I took a longer-than-intended nap. Then I changed some light bulbs and dropped one on the tile floor. That isn't really related, but true nonetheless.
I've been using all my free time to work on making the crib bedding. I've got everything cut out and I'm working on piecing together the top of the quilt. I'll take some pictures when there is something to see. Right now it is just a mess all over the family room & kitchen & office.

5 comments:

Jordan said...

yeah, there is no way those shortsleeve shirts would fit over your pregnant belly and be long enough... Probably at least half of them aren't long enough for me and I have a umm... not pregnant belly.

Let me know next time you are coming up to Provo or if you want to go on another double date with me and Shawn... that way I can give you back the shirts that I won't be wearing.

Jordan

Starla said...

People begging to have you work for them 'eh? How did they hear about you?

I need a really good job this summer- know of one?

Unknown said...

Wow, Natalie, You sound like you're doing just fine with getting a job. People really want you. You must be a great worker. You look so great by the way!

TheVillamorFamily said...

Looking good Natalie!

Corley said...

Hey hey hey..youre lookin' good. Hope you are feelin' well. Good luck with the jobs!!