Our ward has a cooking group that meets once a month, and this year the theme is "international foods" so Jack took a night off of scouts to be our guest chef for the evening. We made:Fanqie Chaodan (Fried eggs and Tomatoes)
Jiăozĭ (Pot Stickers)
Gong Bao Ji Ding (Kung Pao Chicken)
MaPo Doufu (Pork & Tofu)
Dou Jiang (Soy Milk)
We did a pretty good job, if I do say so myself!
Jack has written down some of the recipes, and found a few online. For our compilation of them, click here.
6 comments:
Remember when you used to cook a lot of Chinese food at mom and dad's and I'd eat a lot? That was awesome!
Jack made the eggs and tomatoes thing for us one time. Was it the night that they invited us all over and we ended up dressed the same? and we made art out of the pie pan and a snap pea?
Ohhhhhhh, I've had some of that delicious chinese food that chef Jack & assistant chef Natalie make. My mouth is watering just thinking about it :) YUMMM Your Ward RS is awfully lucky!
Who's kitchen are you cooking in?...it looks really nice! Thanks for the dinner idea, I am always looking for something new to try!
I wish that was our kitchen! We did this at the home of another family in the ward, so there could actually be room for all the people to sit and watch us :)
We are watching Veggie Tales today and there is a song that has Kung Po chicken in it....remember that one???
Your ward is very lucky to have you ....and not just for your culinary skills:) although that helps!! hardy har har
Post a Comment