Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Startling!

Anyone who has ever lived with me, or worked with me, or been around me for any semi-extended period of time probably knows that I am easily startled. All you have to do is walk into the room. If I don't know you're there and then I see you suddenly, I jump out of my skin.

Yesterday Jack and I were sitting on the floor playing Yatzee (which I won by 2 points!) and all of a sudden I jumped and flailed my arms in a little spazz. Jack looked at me like I was insane. Nope. Just startled, from the inside out! The little person inside of me had been moving around and kicking quite a bit, but nothing like this one. This kick was so strong that it made me jump!
The past few days I've been able to see my tummy move in and poke out in spots where I'm being kicked. That's pretty weird to watch! It is amazing to know that there is a little life growing inside of me.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember when I was getting out of the car one time at the grocery store and Madelyn kicked me so hard in the rib, it made me literally jump 2 feet up in the air! It hurt so bad I had to sit there for a few minutes to recover. Dave was just laughing. He couldn't tell if I was really hurt or just faking it, but she really caught me by surprise for the first time!

Unknown said...

You should poke him back and see what he does!

Mollie said...

hahaha I can totally picture this. I miss hearing that little yelp/gasp/scream sound you make when you get startled!

Jordan said...

ha ha ha ha getting startled easily must run in the family because I jump ALL the time! When I open a door and there is someone near it about to come in or something... I always jump. Always! (well... unless the door is glass/see through) ha.

Anyways sister, this is most exciting that you can see the kicking! I want to see! I want to feel it!

So, are you busy Friday night? Shawn and I want to come play games with you and Jack! Would this work? Email me k?

I love you sister face!
Jordie

Jack said...

The fun part about you being so startley is that I don't even have to try to scare you. If you weren't so jumpy, i might try to scare you once in a while, but that's never been necessary.

Mollie said...

I like that word startley. Jack you always make up good ones.

Karen said...

It must be a family thing because Grampa & I startle (what a funny word), jump & yell easily.

--jeff * said...

i just liked this story.