Pages

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Take your pick...

Laid off
Fired
Without a job
Unemployed
Jobless

Out of work

Out of a job
Unwaged
Made redundant
On unemployment
Idle
Not working
Seeking work
On the dole

No matter what you call it, that's me! Mid-blogging yesterday, I got a "Natalie, can we talk to you for a minute?" I'd really rather you not....
They went through the whole spiel of hard times for the company, how they hate to have to do this, I've been so great to work with, yada yada yada... (Come on, just tell me already!) ...but they're going to have to let me go. He said they'd be happy to write letter of recommendation or be a reference as I look for a new job. My reply? "Yeah right, do you really think anyone is going to hire me right now when I'm going to have a baby in 4 months?"
It was kind of funny---I haven't really had much of an appetite or felt like eating anything all week, and as a result, I've felt gross...the feel-like-I-could-throw-up feeling that I've mostly been over for the past while. So I was sitting there having the little pow-wow with these two guys while they were telling me the good news. One of them was sitting with his chair right in front of the door, blocking it. I thought to myself that even though I'm sure it is no fun to throw up and I really don't want to break my record of never doing it...It would almost be worth it to throw up all over these two people.


So, that's my story. I guess I'll have a lot of free time to get ready for baby.


Ohhh...I feel like a krispy kream doughnut. ...hmmmm...maybe they're hiring!


5 comments:

Unknown said...

Natalie,
I'm really sorry that happened. We'll keep you in our prayers. Good luck, but have fun getting ready for the baby.
-Leslie

Mark said...

What!! I can't believe they did that. What are you going to do about insurance? I think that they are discriminating against you. How odd is it that this happened right after you told them you were pregnant. Well, maybe you can do some work for Allison Warner or something. Lo siento! I love you!

Molly said...

I'm so sorry this happened to you! I'll let you know if I hear of any openings anywhere. Especially places where you don't have to be on your feet or smell any gross smells or eat soft cheeses or take asprin.

Jordan said...

That is way lame!!! Yeah, what about insurance?

Starla said...

Yeah... you definitely have a case against them. I'm being serious. They should have to at least provide you benefits until the baby comes.

I'm so sorry! :(