Pages

Monday, April 21, 2008

Dry Cleaning

During part of my errand running today, I went to drop Jack's suits off at the dry cleaners. I walked in to the cleaners and the girl behind the counter asked for my last name.

I said "Shirts"

She said: Yes, ok, we can do that. What is your last name?

me: umm, Shirts

her: funny look on her face

me: my last name is Shirts. S-h-i-r-t-s. I have two suits to clean.


That seemed to satisfy her. She wrote it on the paper at least.

10 comments:

Jordan said...

ha ha ha ha that is really funny! Its probably a good thing I was not with you at this point because I would have been laughing so hard!

Mollie said...

Oh man. What a great last name you have.

Becky said...

Thanks for that post, it made me and Brady laugh.

Kristi said...

That is hilarious. I always thought one of us should open a dry cleaning place or a clothing store or something.

Unknown said...

I have to say I've never had that happen to me! How funny though!
-Leslie

Starla said...

haha...it must be rough having that last name at the dry cleaners.

--jeff * said...

that's pretty awesome. : )
(years of living with jack and that scenario never occurred to me)

Chris said...

I just read this post to Grandma and she laughed and laughed and laughed.....
That's Reader's Digest worthy.

Brookeh said...

That is funny. I can relate to this because I experience the same kind of thing only with Call. Out here their not used to hearing that as a last name so I get some really funny looks. But I just give the funny looks right back!

TheVillamorFamily said...

Ha! Whenever I am at the pharmacy or anywhere they ask for your name I always give them "villamor" because saying my whole name takes too much breath and they only really need your last name....especially mine since I am the only "villamor" in town. But 90% of the time they come back to me and say "did you say 'Moore'"? They think my first name is Villa I guess:)