Anyone who's ever driven up "the diagonal" (aka University Pkwy) realizes that most of Orem is uphill from most of Provo. This makes for a pleasant one-way bike ride from Center St. in Orem, through Provo, to Utah Lake. The other night the Young Men rode 14 miles of mostly even terrain and downhill riding. Pretty easygoing for a guy who hasn't ridden his bike since early January.
The Provo River trail was serene. And the closer you get to the lake, the farther you get from a city feeling. You can just enjoy hay fields, nearly-still waters, and fantastic views of Timpanogos. Except for giant, West Nile Virus carrying, man eating mosquitoes and the expected saddle sores, I have no complaints.
I had no complaints, that is, until we were almost finished riding and I got bombed. If only a second earlier, the package would've landed on Bishop's helmet instead of mine, but no! I wonder if my bike helmet looks like a target from a bird's eye perspective, because this is my second such experience. Only a little bit got through the helmet to my face, splattered my shirt sleeve, and made a nice poka-dot pattern on my right leg.
5 comments:
well, your helmet is red, after all. hahahahah
I really thought you had video of YOU being bombed at first. Too bad you didn't get footage of that! My sister got pooped on twice in one day, in two seperate costco parking lots.
I work in Provo, live in Orem, so I know what you're talking about. The ride to work is a nice coast down State St. Going back up, other the other hand.... Let's just say that when I make up without stopping, then I'll know that I'm back into shape.
The "DIAGONAL" is a nice ride! Dontcha love that word? ;)
Sorry about your encounter. It was a great commercial though.
Post a Comment