Pages

Friday, June 27, 2008

20 years

I was tagged by Mary Kate ...this is kind of long, but here it is: the past 20 years of my life.

20 years ago...
1988
1. I turned 3 years old.
2. My sister Jordan was born
3. I went to St. Mark's Pre-school
ummm...Mom? I might need some help to come up with things about me from 20 years ago.

10 years ago... 1998
1. The summer between 7th and 8th grade
2. I didn't really have any friends at school and I was realizing that most of the kids I grew up with were starting to get into stuff that I didn't want to be around--drinking & smoking etc. Doesn't that seem so young? I'm sure it's even worse these days. Ha, that makes me sound old.
3. I started taking piano lessons again for a year or two, after having quit 2 years before. Too bad I didn't keep it up.
4. I painted my bedroom light blue with blue & green plaid and hydrangeas in the corners to match my bedspread. My dad told me I'd regret it some day. I don't think I ever did. He now uses my room for his office.
**Update: I didn't paint my room this year---it was at least 2 years later. Thanks for straightening me out, Anna :)
5. I got my braces off, moved up from glasses to contacts, and got rid of the super thick bangs. My nerd days were over.

5 years ago... 2003
1. May 2003, I graduated Magna Cum Laude from good ole' LaGrange High School...and was so happy to be out of there!
2. My little sister Amy was born. Well, I guess that was really Dec of '02, but close enough. She is one of the funniest people I know.
3. I came out to BYU and met my roommate and other girls on my floor who have become my best friends!
4. I ate corndogs or Subway for lunch every day. How on earth did I eat corndogs so much?! Yuck.
5. I gained the stereotypical Freshman 15 (lbs). Probably all corndog.

3 years ago... 2005
1. April 2005 Jack finally asked me out on our first date
2. We spent that summer talking on the phone every day and I decided that this was really the kind of guy I wanted to marry
3. Jack went on a study abroad to China and our long distance relationship kind of didn't last until he got back.
4. I started working as the student secretary for one of the VP's on campus and worked there until I graduated, and then my sister Jordan took over my job.
5. I won a gold medal for break dancing in the Utah Valley division. Ok, totally made that up.

1 year ago... 2007
1. April: I graduated from BYU with a BS in Home & Family Living, emphasis in Foods
2. May: Married the love of my life in the Bountiful, Utah Temple
3. Started a real grown-up job and have somehow managed to remain employed, though technically through 3 different companies yet in the same office doing mostly the same thing.
4. I lived in three different apartments.
5. We got pregnant with our first baby :)

So far this year... 2008
1. I've been pregnant for all of 2008 thus far.
2. I've learned to love coupon clipping and price matching at Wal Mart
3. Jack & I have had 79 blog posts.
4. I have not gone camping yet.
5. I've gone through at least 3 tooth brushes.

Yesterday... June 26, 2008
1. I had a doctor's appt and everything is still lookin' good with Little Boy.
2. I went to the eye doctor and hopefully I can get some more contacts now. I like being able to see.
3. I went to work for a few hours.
4. I did some much-needed cleaning of our apartment...still need to do much more.
5. Jack and I finished a puzzle that we started on Tuesday night.

Today... June 28, 2008
1. I slept in this morning.
2. I went to work, where I learned that the 6 remaining people in my office won't be there very much longer.
3. I listed a bike on craigstlist and so far have gotten 2 people who are interested. I need to take pictures to send to them.
4. We are going to play with our friends Aaron and Maren tonight and might go swimming.
5. We're going to go to Macey's to get bread, cereal, and mac & cheese.

Tomorrow... June 29, 2008
1. Jack is helping a family in our ward move at 8 AM.
2. I'll probably roll over and say goodbye to him and then keep sleeping for a while.
3. We're going to do some serious cleaning of our apartment.
4. We're going to run some errands including Babies R Us to finish registering, JoAnn's to exchange a garden gnome with a broken finger, and Wilson's Diamonds to get my ring cleaned.
5. We will probably watch a movie or hang out with someone else in the evening.

Next year... 2009
1. Life will be totally different with a baby!
2. We'll probably move from our current apartment.
3. Hopefully Jack will be working somewhere else.
4. I will be so organized and will have a plan for dinner every night and will keep the house spotless (HA!)
5. Maybe we'll take a trip to somewhere we've been wanting to go.

I tag...
Becky, Shannah, Mandy, and anyone else who wants to do it.

4 comments:

Molly said...

...you don't even have a garden for your gnome. Poor gnome.

Molly said...

Poor, poor lonely gnome, with no flowers to talk to.
I just started a new toothbrush today. It's blue. And beautiful. Like, extremely gorgeous. I wanted to take a picture before I used it, but our batteries are dead and I wanted clean teeth!

Anonymous said...

This makes me sad..I think that I should be included in the 10 years ago...I was almost your friend! Maybe it was 9 years ago...and FYI - we were friends when you were painting your bedroom..it was at least like 9th or 10th grade for you... :-)

Jordan and Shawn said...

My sister is very funny