Pages

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Goblin Valley

About 2 hours from Moab there is a place called Goblin Valley. I'd seen pictures online and it really didn't look all that impressive to me. I'd heard several people talk about how much fun it was, but I just didn't get it. But it really was so cool and so much fun! I had more fun at Goblin Valley than at Moab, but that is probably just because I was more of a whimp at Moab and didn't do a whole lot, and we were not all together most of the time.
Goblin Valley is just a huge valley full of weird shapes of rocks. They are all over the place. We hiked back to the wall of the valley and then found an opening that went into another whole area of the "goblins" and there were several more layers behind that too. We had fun playing hide and go seek in all the formations. We (the boys) tried to climb the walls, but they were made of layer of rock then dirt then rock then dirt... the dirt was too unstable and would crumble away as you tried to climb it.





No comments: