I was looking in the mirror this morning and trying to suck in my tummy---the top part sucked in some, but the bottom part didn't budge. There's something in there. It was kinda weird. Really, it didn't move at all.
I guess it probably started about 3 or 4 weeks ago---I'd just be sitting there at work and then I'd kinda feel something. I thought it could possibly be a little person inside me, moving around, but I wasn't sure. Isn't that kind of early to be feeling things? Was it just a grumbly tummy? But it felt different than that, and it was always in the same area. When I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago I asked him exactly where this little person is, and he described it to me (described as a Pepsi can sitting about 2 inches below my belly button). He said everything in that area is baby & baby stuff, and everything outside of it (to the sides and above) is intestines, etc. What I was feeling was inside that Pepsi can (though I'd prefer Country Time Strawberry Lemonade can). Could it be? Could I feel something so soon? So I asked. He said I probably could feel it since a lot of the feeling (even of the inside stuff) is with your skin and there wasn't much between my skin and insides. I was really feeing my baby moving inside me! I feel it every once in a while, and it seems to be getting stronger feeling as time goes on :)
I was looking through old notebooks yesterday trying to find the notes from my Isaiah class...We're reading the Isaiah chapters now and I know I learned about all of the history and meaning and symbolism and stuff in my class, but I can remember just enough to know that I should know things. (To all you BYU-ers, if you get a chance, take the class, and take it from Terry Ball). Anyway...while looking through old notebooks (and not finding what I was looking for) I found my old child development notebook. Thumbing through I rememberd how stinkin' much I studied for that class! The notes were all color coded and outlined and marked up from some serious studying. I should go back and review it, since I now have a developing child.
...ok, even though this post thus far (and most of my posts as of late) was kind of centered around the whole baby thing, I'm not really sure that I feel like a grown up. Something really weird: We're feeding the missionaries tonight. Now that is a grown up thing to do. Weird.
6 comments:
I remember when I first felt Madelyn move. It was in the middle of Relief Society. I rushed out and told Dave. He started crying. :) I knew it was her. At first I thought it was "flatulence" but then about 2 minutes later she did it again, stronger. It felt like a little butterfly trapped inside me, and from then on things just became clearer. It's soooo cool to feel that. I loved just laying down, closing my eyes and just letting the little one move. I know what you mean about not feeling grown up. Try having three kids before you're 25!
-Leslie
Hey Lucky Shirts(s) This is Mark in Jerusalem. Thats cool about the baby. I'm writing this because I did take Terry Balls Isaiah Class last semester and it was great. Not only that but he is here in this room with me at this very moment (did I mention I'm in JERUSALEM!). We went to Siloam Pool today where Christ healed the blind. Hey Natl, do you remember the flood of Assyria and the waters of Shiloah that go softly? I stood in that very pool! It was sweet. Sorry this has nothing to do with babies. I have yet to have one in my tummy. So long.
Ok, that's so stinking exciting! I didn't know you could feel it so soon.
They say you can't really feel the baby until about 20 weeks (I think that is right). But you feel something called "quickening" before that. Don't ask me what that is. I'm not quite sure
wow, that's cool that you can feel the baby already. I know what you mean about looking in the mirror and not being able to suck in your stomach--I did the very same thing this morning!
Starla, quickening is just the first movements of the baby... and yes, could feel it that soon :)
Post a Comment