Telecommuting also has a few downers.

One day last week Natalie came home just after 5, only to find me wearing an apron while washing dishes. A casserole was in the oven. After a welcome home kiss, I went back to the dishes while Natalie pulled out her tool box, found the changeable-head screwdriver and went to work at replacing the burnt-out porch light bulb. When she finished that, she sat down at the table and read the paper before helping me set the table for dinner. This whole working from home thing has us a little mixed up.
I'm not saying I should be the one to sit and read the paper before helping to set the table. Golly, even though I'm home all the time, there are so many days that Natalie comes home from work and I feel like I haven't accomplished anything. Dishes not done. Bed not made. Garbage not taken out.
Taking out the garbage has become one of my favorite things to do...it's one guarantee I can leave the apartment everyday. This afternoon, I took a little break from work and took a walk around the building. Maybe all this staying at home will help me to sympathize more when Natalie is home with the kidlets.
There's a lot more to say, but I'd better stop here. Natalie will be home soon and the dishes still aren't done.
7 comments:
I love you! And I totally don't mind that you wash the dishes and I change the lightbulbs. Did I really read the paper?? That's weird.
Funny you should write that about airborne objects, because I just barely threw some Snickers over the wall to a guy a few cubes over who was saying he was hungry and we needed a candy jar. I accidentally hit him in the head.
Oh Jack! I read that to my husband and it gave us both a good chuckle!
I will be in touch soon k!
Best-
Jack, Don't feel bad. I'm doing the stay-at-home Dad thing right now (at least you have a job). Funny thing is, we seem to be better fit for the other's traditional roles--I'm better at the cooking and cleaning, she's more organized and ambitious. To each their own, I guess.
i can empathize with you, action. that's how i felt the semester after i graduated and were all off at school. i'd be home, working all day to get the apartment cleaned, then everyone would come home, barely acknowledge my whole day's efforts, and have the place dirty again in five minutes.
and now i sound like a sympathizing relief society member.....
meh.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha I just laughed really hard at work. I'm glad that no one else is in the office right now! VERY FUNNY post Jack!
Love,
Jordan
At first I thought it was Natalie writing, and I was really excited that her job finally let her work from home, so this was really confusing! Haha.
"sympathizing relief society member"....I am offended
I'm sure you make a lovely housewife Jack.
Post a Comment