Pages

Thursday, February 7, 2008

What was I thinking?!?

So, the last time I got my hair cut was the week before our wedding, 9 months ago.

This is what I look like most days...it just ends up in a pony tail.

Days I actually do my hair it is some variation of this ... it's long. ...it WAS long...




I've been talking about cutting my hair for a while now, but just never did it... then Molly said she'd go and get hers cut too... so I made appointments and we went the next day. I wasn't quite sure what i wanted to have done, but I had some ideas. The girl took my hair down from it's usual ponytail (that's why it's all gross and kinky in the pictures) and then asked how short I wanted to go. I told her just at my shoulders, and that it has to be able to go in a pony tail still (caust that's just what I do). She said, "You know...I wonder how much...hmmm.... Have you ever thought about doing Locks of Love?" Yes, I'd thought about it...in fact I did it about 5 or 6 years ago, my senior year of high school. I thought of doing it again, but about a month ago measured how short it would be if I got the required 10 inches cut off, and it was shorter than I wanted to go. I figured if I waited until June or something it would be long enough to do that. ...but there I was, in the chair in early February. To be honest, I had kind of forgotten that I was thinking about doing that again, or maybe I wouldn't have gone to get it cut yesterday. So I told her I had thought about it, but wanted it to be long enough for a pony tail. "Oh, we can do that, no problem," was her reply. Yeah right. So, she called her supervisor over to take a look (we went to the Paul Mitchell School, where they are all students so they have to get their 'learning leader' to approve, advise, and fix their mistakes as they go along. (bytheway, I asked this girl how long she'd been in school there. It's a 2 year program and she finishes in April. ...In my opinion she should have had a little more confidence, but I am glad...VERY glad...she did ask for so much help). So, Learning Leader comes over and advises, they divide my hair into two pig tails, he leaves, and she chops. AAAKKKKK!!! That is SHORT!!!! The girl asked me about 35 times if I was ok while I was sitting there. Apparently I looked like I was going to cry the whole time. I wasn't going to cry, although it was quite short. I was just going to fall asleep. So, an hour and a half later, here I am...



I don't think my hair has been this short since I was in kindergarden. It's taking a LOT of getting used to, and I'm not sure how to fix it yet. I tried for a flipped-out look this morning and I don't really know how well it worked. I feel like a mushroom head. That is not a desirable feeling, bytheway. Upon Molly's recommendation, I got bangs. I like the way they look, but they just won't stay to the side like they're supposed to.

Do you think this stuff works?




7 comments:

Jordan said...

Oh my gosh, Natalie your hair is so short!!! But I guess you kind of knew that!!! It is really cute though, I like it!! I want to cut my hair off!! lol. I really like how mine looks long though... I can't decide what to do. I just remember that I always regret it once I cut it off... Anyways, your hair is cute. I approve. ha.
Jordan

Chris said...

Natalie, your haircut looks sooo cute!!! Way to be brave :)
I bet it felt weird when you washed your hair this morning, eh? Now I just need to get brave and have Amy's hair cut. Yikes. Every other day I think...ok, today's the day...then I chicken out. Sound familiar?
Love, Mom

Eevi said...

I love the new look! It makes you look older and very pretty! Plus short hair is good when the baby comes so he or she won't pull on it!

You guys look great!!

--jeff * said...

so i was reading jack's post as i was scrolling down and your post started with a picture of him [and you] as i read, 'so i haven't had my hair cut since i got married 9 months ago'. my initial thought was, 'wow- it doesn't really show.'
then i realized it was sister shirtsonofolonowoky writing this.
it made more sense after that.

way to be awesome with the 'locks of love'! very cool reason to cut your hair, and i think you really look good with the shorter look.

although if you don't like it and do decided to use the acme insta-hair grower, you really should let your husband use some first.

Molly said...

And the bangs are fabulous, Darling! Actually, I really think it's an awesome cut. I'm proud of you for not falling asleep! And we still have to talk about the animal crackers and tissue thang.

Mollie said...

Ok I posted a comment on here a minute ago and it is not showing up!

It was very much to the effect of CUTE NEW HAIR!!!

And I believe it is Shirtsalanafafawakee.

Becky said...

There was a girl in my home ward named Natalie and she had a very similar haircut, so you look a lot like her in your picture.
It's not quite as short as I pictured when you called me, and it looks great! I bet it feels weird, though!