Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Weekend, abbreviated.

Have you ever thought that it is kind of funny that "abbreviated" is a somewhat long word? And is there really even an abbreviation for it? Abbr?
Anyway, I've gotten really bad at just taking pictures of everyday stuff. I tried really hard to take a lot of pictures of our weekend, but my camera remained in my purse the majority of the time.
So...here we are, leaving for our Friday night date. ...yes, it's sunny, and you can't really see us. So lets move on.

This is us in the car. Silly Jack...he wouldn't look at the camera...something about driving??


We went to Red Robin at the Provo Town Centre mall... It's kinda sentimental to us cause we went there for one of our first real live dates after The Summer of Phone Calls. This is Jack, with a french fry mustache.




We went to see National Treasure at the real theatre! We never go to real movies so this was kind of exciting... we're more of the dollar-theatre-and-sneak-in-your-own-popcorn-or-Wendy's type people. But we had movie tickets and popcorn & candy & drinks tickets from Jack's boss, so we did the real theatre AND concessions. Yeah, we're pretty fancy.


While waiting for the movie to start, we wandered into Motherhood Maternity to look around. We ran out of time so stopped back by after to try on a few things. Overalls? You may ask yourself why in the world I am trying on overalls. Well, because my husband thinks it's just the cutest thing in the world for pregnant women to wear overalls and that that's just what they're supposed to do... so I tried some on. But with the fake velcro belly on underneath, they were really uncomfortable and the bib part is really low and funny looking...sooo...sorry, Jackie boy, but no overalls for this girl today. I did really like the dress though!


I know that (without the velcro belly) I don't really look pregnant to other people, but I can definitely tell a difference in the way I look. And I only have one pair of pants left that I can button up, and they started out too big....so the time is coming. Right now I just wear the same jeans every day, or leave my pants unbuttoned and make sure my shirt covers it. One of these days I'll take some belly shots so I can track the growth.

Anyway, moving on to Saturday... We went to the Worldwide Leadership Training in the morning, came home and had a second breakfast of waffles...and then I think we took a nap. No, not yet... I don't remember. Oh, we went to WalMart. After WalMart, we were really tired, so we took a little nap...and woke up about 3 hours later. We called Suzi and Mark, and they came over & ate pizza and played games & chatted. T'was quite fun. See?


Sunday, while not documented photographically, did happen. Jack had meetings in the morning, I considered making banana bread but then didn't, we went to church, came home, ate lunch, & took a nap. We went over to the Wilson's (my aunt & uncle) for dinner and visiting, which is always nice. And then we came home and went to bed.

That about covers it!

(oh, and now you can see some more pictures of my hair, or the lack thereof).

12 comments:

Becky said...

wow, I read your blog, wrote a comment, and then when I returned to your blog, you had posted this new comment. For some reason, that amused me. :)

Becky said...

and I must add that you look like a great mom (-to-be) with the strapped on belly and the short hair adds a nice touch

the Villamor's said...

love the short hair and the cute pregnant belly! I bet in a few months you will wish you could take your belly off like you could that one in the store! ha!

I liked it when you could leave a comment with your nickname:) I guess Bolivar Shagnastynasty will not be leaving anymore comments:)

Anonymous said...

This is a test. This is only a test.

Natalie said...

Mary Kate, you can do different names still...click on the Name/URL button. Julian did it, and it worked for her!

Jordan said...

he he he. I like the fake belly and I really enjoyed Bolivar SHagnastynasty's comment about taking the belly off in a few months ha ha.

I really like the maternity dress that you have on in the picture! I am glad the overalls did not fit ha ha. In my opinion, no one over the age of 6 should wear overalls.

Some of your pictures are funny because you can barely tell you are in a new setting... yet, still enjoyable.

And about Jack's frenchfry mustache... it appears to be upside down.

<3 Jordan

Molly said...

abbr really is the abbreviation for abbreviation. There you have it.

Mollie said...

Leave it to the English major... :)

I saw the picture of you with the strap-on belly and I didn't even realize that you aren't really that big yet! I guess I am just so in the Pregnant Natalie mode (and I never see you) that I forgot you still have not popped out yet. Um I know this is premature but I am going to get invited to your baby shower right?? Thanks for sending me the heartbeat message today! I listened to it on my lunch break and it made me so happy!

Anonymous said...

Natalie! You're pregnant?!? Wow I am so glad I came across your blog from Mollie's. Congratulations!

The Taylors said...

Natalie,
What a fun date...isn't it fun to go to a real theatre? Wow, you can really tell we are poor students!:)
You look great, Happy Valentine's
Love, Mandy

Starla said...

Very interesting. I like how you played games with Suzanna and Mark and had free pancakes with Molly (and Charles?), but because I don't have a husband we are no longer friends. :(

So I'm joking, but you look cute pregnant.

Kristi said...

Hey Natalie,
I have a quick tip. If you take a rubber band and hook it through the button hole of your pants and around the button you can wear your same jeans longer. I just thought I would pass that along.