1. Wise and inspired church leaders
I read this quote in the Friend Magazine tonight:
“Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you but on what happens inside of you; it is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life.” -Harold B. Lee
2. Safety while driving
You know those moments when you're driving and there's either some crazy person on the road or you realize you weren't paying as close of attention as you should, and then realize things could have been bad but they weren't? And then you realize there is Someone watching out for you. Like tonight, I was at a stop sign and was starting to go forward when the crazy driver behind me pulled out and swerved around the left side of me and cut me off. What in the world?? That could have been messy, but it wasn't. And I sure am grateful.
3. Walmart price matching
I kind of go through phases of couponing, and right now is not really one of the super-couponer times in my life. If it is convenient, I'll use the coupon, but I'm not going crazy with it right now. I do, however, take full advantage of Walmart's price matching. Before I go shopping, I look through the grocery ads of several major grocery stores (I look them up online if I don't have them from the mail) and write down the items, prices, and which store for all the stuff I plan to get. I may not be using coupons, but by getting the sale prices on everything without having to go to 6 different grocery stores, I do save money. Tonight (after I barely made it to Walmart alive) I got 24 boxes of Quaker oatmeal for 98 cents each. At Walmart it was $2.98 each. That's saving $50. Jackson and I eat 2 or 3 packets of oatmeal for breakfast a couple of times a week, so we'll probably go through this supply within a few months.
1 comment:
What??? YOU eat oatmeal for breakfast? Who knew?
Post a Comment