Pages

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

One Month Old



I can hardly believe one month has gone by already! It's flown by, but at the same time it seems like Baby Clayton has been a part of our family forever. I think back on this time of life when Jackson was a wee little baby and I wonder why I thought it was hard or that I was busy back then. He was the only little person I was taking care of...when he slept during the day, I could sleep or clean or make dinner or do whatever. That sounds grand now. This time around, any down time with baby is filled with Jackson. I'm sure next time I have a new baby and have two older kids too, I'll wonder why I thought I was busy now. Guess that's life!

Clayton:
-Is wearing size 1 diapers and 0-3 month clothes.
-Eats every 2 to 4 hours, and has put on several pounds. I don't know exactly how many but I'm guessing 4ish. He's getting more plump all over.
-Sleeps great...during the day. Well, really he sleeps well as long as he's being held. He does NOT sleep in his bassinet. That's a problem.
-Is skilled at shooting milk out his nose. He spits up after almost every feeding. I'm learning to be prepared!
-Is very alert when he's awake. He loves to look at faces and at the black picture frames on the white wall.
-Is just barely starting to be a little more expressive. I think I've gotten a real smile once or twice.
-Gets a little fussy/unsettled in the evenings around 7 or 8. I'm hoping that doesn't turn into a couple of hours of screaming every night like it did for Jackson.
-Receives a lot of love & attention (usually positive attention) from Jackson. I just have to be sure to be on guard to make sure it isn't too rough :)

I think we're all doing a pretty good job of adjusting to our new life. There are times when it gets a little tricky to juggle two little people, but over all, it's been a pretty smooth transition so far. It keeps me busy all the time, but it's a good thing.

We love this little baby and are so happy to have him in our family!


October 4th, Grama West and big brother Jackson

October 9, with Great Grandpa and Grandma West



October 13


October 6


October 15, with Great Grandpa Rushton, Daddy, and JacksonOctober 18, chilling with Jackson in Jackson's cribthen napping in Mommy's bed...because that's where we all nap.


November 1

3 comments:

Unknown said...

SUCH cute boys! You know they;ll be best friends, just by looking at these photos! Good job on being a mom of two!

Chris said...

Oh, those newborn days don't last very long. Clayton has filled out so quickly. I LOVED every minute of snuggling and spending time with Jackson and Clayton!!! Such wonderful memories I will always have. :)

Kara said...

Love the pictures and your comments--- especially since we're doing the same things around here (minus the 2 year old!). Brigham is one week away from the 1 month mark.

Clayton is a darling baby!