I can't believe it is November already, but it is. In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I'm going to post something every day that I'm thankful for. When I start to think of all the things I can list, I wonder if I should list 5 or 10 things a day. One a day means 30 things. I can think of way more than that. Ok, so I'll do three a day.
Things I'm thankful for:
1.
My little family.

They really are my world. Even though the days can get kind of monotonous (wow, that word looks funny typed) and I have moments of frustration almost daily, there is nothing else I'd rather be doing. They are the best!
2.
My health.

I just learned today that a fellow MBA wife was diagnosed with a brain tumor yesterday and will have an emergency surgery in the morning. She has three little kids. I can't imagine facing that. Life can change so quickly!
3.
Blankets

I love being snug and cozy under a warm blanket when the air is crisp and cool. Blankets have memories...like the Mickey Mouse fuzzy blanket I had growing up. That was my blanket for movie watching. Or the waffley blue and green receiving blankets that Jackson had to be swaddled in to sleep at night when he was a baby. And of course, my baby blankets...both the original that my grama made that I had to retire because it was threadbare, and the replacement my mom made for me about 5 years ago that I still sleep with every night.
3 comments:
What a great idea, Natalie. I have to say family & health would be at the top of my list of things I'm thankful for too. I like blankets alright, but can't say that I would have thought to put that on my list. Glad you still love your blanket. :)
I don't think I know anyone else who at age 20 had to get a new baby blanket because they wore theirs out.
i am doing the same thing on my blog!! I am only doing one thing so far but know some days will be more...when i have more time:)
i remember that blanket you wore out!!! and the one your mom made for you...i think i might have helped with it :)
Post a Comment